Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2017 20:29:42 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WLAN configuration GUI

El día lunes, abril 03, 2017 a las 08:06:22p. m. +0200, Polytropon escribió:

> I'm interested in setting up a GUI frontend for WLAN configuration.
> In the ports collection, there are wpa_gui and wifimgr. What are
> the required steps to get at least one of them working?
>
> I can get WLAN working manually as described here:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-wireless.html
>
> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/wireless.html
>
> As expected, for a "statically set-up" WLAN access this works fine.
> But I'm essentially missing a kind of "this is a list of the
> currently present WLANs, which one to connect to" + asking for
> access credentials. I'm not even sure the programs mentioned
> above will do that because I've never seen one working... ;-)

I run 12-CURRENT with very recent ports and I'm posting below a screen of
wpa_gui from the ports, which I do not use (I'm used to edit the file
wpa_supplicant.conf), but it seems that it is able at least to scan for
networks not defined in my file (the upper screen shows SSID from my
file to choose from). Just give it a try.

http://www.unixarea.de/wpa_gui.png

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Aus "Nie wieder Krieg!" wurde "Nie wieder Krieg ohne Deutschlands Truppen"