Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:08:33 +0200
From:      Barry Irwin <bvi@itouchlabs.com>
To:        Lenz Gschwendtner <lenz@heitec.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Good dual port NICs?

Adaptec Quartet (starfire) cards are also a nice quad port card ( and are on
a 64-bit PCI card)

They use the sf driver. I have a few of these as well, but prefer theDlinks
which are in the region of 1/4 of the cost.

Barry

On Mon 2002-06-24 (11:57), Lenz Gschwendtner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Kal Torak wrote:
>
> > Hiyas,
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone has a recomendation on some
> > good quality duel port NICs that work well with FreeBSD??
>
> we have some adaptec 4 port nics in an internal router in our network,
> it is a ANA6944A/TX. it works good for two years now with plenty of
> load (4 cards/16 ports in a server, running 100base TX)
> here is the bootmessage for the chipset of the card:
>
> de0: <Digital 21140A Fast Ethernet> port 0xa000-0xa07f mem
>     0xbb003000-0xbb00307f
> de0: Cogent EM440TX 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.2
>
> lenz
> --
>                                 FreeBSD Systemadministrator
>                                 fon +49 9131 877-138
>                                 fax +49 9131 877-136

Barry Irwin		bvi@itouchlabs.com			+27214875177
Systems Administrator: Networks And Security
Itouch Labs 		http://www.itouchlabs.com		South Africa