Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:12:37 -0600
From:      "Michael Cacek" <cacemic@bvu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Slow Console Input

I recently installed freebsd 5.2 on a local sunblade 100 system. I had
several problems with keyboard input throughout the install, but I
eventually made it though. The problems that I had were as follows:
Slow response time with keypresses. I had to use ctrl + n or ctrl + p
to move though menu options(the options never lit up completely, only
blinked..enough to show me that they were currently selected). It was a
terrible experience, but I made it through, but now I have another
problem. Upon rebooting, my console input is incredibly slow. I press
a key and it takes around 1/2 a second for the letter to appear. I read
that I could use kbdcontrol to change key rates, but whenever I try to
issue a command with it, it reports back the following error:
"inappropriate ioctl for device". Any help is much appreciated. The
slow speed is simply not tolerable. This is my first freebsd install
and I hope it won't won't be the last. Thanks ahead of time..
Mike