Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:19:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mysterious network problem, continued

Two additional data points, both very interesting:

1) Connections from non-FreeBSD machines work fine.  Other FreeBSD
   machines are unable to connect.
2) I suspect the problem is in TCP, because IP is working (traceroute
   uses it), and the services with problems are all TCP-based.
   Traceroute seems to invoke the UDP code by connecting to a
   nonexistant port.

The first point is the more interesting, and I really want to know why
it is.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."