Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 02:11:27 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@skytracker.ca>
To:        Sukhbinder Singh <sukhbinders@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Distribution installations

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:06:26PM +0800, Sukhbinder Singh wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      Can anyone explain, how can I install more distribution into a running freebsd from the root directory. for example if my initial freebsd installation was only customed to install the bin (required) distribution only, how can I install other distributions like the games distribution, the man distribution, the crypto distribution and etc.

If you are using CD roms for the install, just go to fireup
/stand/sysinstall and follow the menus. I would suggest the ports system.
Check it http://freebsd.org/ports
You can also ftp to ftp.freebsd.org and go to /pub/FreeBSD/ports/packages
and download the compiled packages, and install them with pkg_add.