Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:10:31 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VBox 5 getting window height wrong

After a bit of digging, I've commented out two lines in
src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/src/runtime/normal/UIMachineWindowNormal.cpp
that call VBoxGlobal::normalizeGeometry.  That stops client windows from
becoming midgets.

Looking further into the logs it looks like VBox gets told my desktop
is 5 pixels high (!)

00:00:00.525738 GUI: UIDesktopWidgetWatchdog::sltHandleHostScreenAvailableGeometryCalculated: Screen 0 work area is actually resized to: 0x599 x 1920x5

and then sends a setGeometry() request with height set to -26.

If I get time I'll try and figure out Whisky Tango Foxtrot