Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 12:33:42 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        David Abdemoulaie <DAcash18@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble writing to a mounted DOS floppy

At 12:56 PM 5/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, I mounted a DOS formatted floppy using the command "/sbin/mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy"
>
>I then tried to copy several files onto the floppy using "cp blah.c /floppy", every time I try
>
>to write to teh floppy I get the following error message "cp: /floppy/blah.c: Permission denied"
>
>I even unmounted and remounted the drive with the -w option to ensure that it was read/write.
>
>Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

What is your fstab entry for you floppy?

Mine is
/dev/fd0	/mnt/floppy	msdos	rw,auto		0	0

I might have forgotten something, but I'm not at home looking at my fstab. Anyway, after that,
I can just type "mount /mnt/floppy" and "umount /mnt/floppy".

Make sure you make the "floppy" directory in the /mnt dir, and make sure to su the root
to mount the device, or else you'll get "permission denied"