Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2018 08:01:09 -0800
From:      Jason Barbier <jason@corrupted.io>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syncing bhyve instances

Assuming you wanted sync and not just a shared volume the guest/host running rsync to push/pull would work the best. But to be totally honest what I do right now to allow guests access to stuff on the host file system is just CIFS/SMB shares. It would probably be better to do NFS shares but I have a few windows guests that don't play nice with NFS.

There is a bit of future work here though where someone could make some guest utils and stand up a file system bridge. There is some demand there and honestly it could be as simple as what virtualbox does where it provides a CIFS/SMB share through a local pipe. Whatever the solution is there I would lean more toward CIFS/SMB since it does have better cross-platform compatibility.

---
Jason Barbier | E: jason@corrupted.io
GPG: 0x40B8FA1D72EF0D89 (https://keybase.io/kusuriya)