Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:31:36 +0200
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        Junior White <efiish@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to do benchmark test for my new kernel.

Den 03/09/2012 kl. 09.25 skrev Junior White <efiish@gmail.com>:

> hi all,
>   I build a new kernel and install it, but don't known how to test the =
my
> new kernel's performance.
>   I have read the Regressin and Performance Testing Guide in =
developer's
> handbook. But where is
> the test program is, and how do i invoke them?

The handbook is deliberately vague on this point because choosing a =
benchmark program requires you to think about what you want to optimize, =
i.e. which type of workload your system will be handling.

If you mostly want to play around and try out different optimizations, I =
would suggest to install some of the benchmark programs in =
/usr/ports/benchmarks/. Try /usr/ports/benchmarks/unixbench/ for a set =
of micro-benchmarks.

Kind regards,
Erik=