Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:44:15 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Tim Allender <freebsd-net@goldenpath.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: D-Link DGE-530T

Tim, good day!
> >Use sk(4) driver. It supports DGE-530T:
> >
> Is that driver not built into the kernel? If not and all I need to do is
> rebuild the kernel, ok, I can do that.
It depends on what kernel you're using. If you are at GENERIC kernel
(the default kernel at the freshly installed system) then it should be
there. Check the contents of file /sys/i386/conf/`uname -i` for the string
-----
device	sk
-----

> But if it's already in the kernel and the OS isn't using that driver for that
> model NIC already, how would I make it do so?
If the above fails (device sk is in the kernel but it does not see the NIC)
please, give the output of the following commands:
-----
uname -i
uname -r
pciconf -lv