Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:01:13 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        zach@bane.mi.org, cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail setting

> > How about the standard way of doing this, which is *much*
> > simpler than any of these bizarre schemes?
>
> Because it took me too long to find 'man 5 forward' since it is never
> referenced at all by 'man sendmail' or 'man mail.' Until I finally
> spotted 'forward' on the apropos output, the only reference I saw was
> in 'man aliases.'

As a general rule, remember that apropos(1) is your friend.
Yes, it would be nice if every man page had every entry it ought
to have in the See Also section; but since they often don't,
it's always worth checking anything like this with apropos
before deciding that there's no information.

That doesn't just apply to this question, of course, but is a
general guide for self-help under any Unix system.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>