Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:09:05 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "FreebSD ISP list" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Need ISP in 212/718 area

After years of suffering with ibm.net I am seeking a new ISP.
Tried jps.net and I am going to drop them tonight. They not only don't
support V90, but everything is very slow. Many times the modem just
sits and waits. Also have had connection and dropout problems. Since
trying them 5 days ago there has not been a day I didn't have to dial
ibm.net

What I want:
-Acces in 212 or 718
-V90
-Good performance
-Reasonable newsfeed. Don't care for quantity of newsgroups. What I do
care is that if I see 100 messages in a news provider I have and see 5
on the ISP news server and a simmilar trends goes on every day then
this is not acceptable. This is one of my biggest complaints against
ibm.net

I am not on the list so please reply directly.

Later one I may want static IP and perhaps run a mail/news server for
home. If you have either or both (static ip or a reasonable price for
running a 56K permanent link) this would be a big plus.