Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 04:38:03 GMT
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@linus.demon.co.uk>
To:        phk@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sethostname() failing with ENOMEM

I suspect that either I've missed a dependency or CTM has caught a bunch
of commits on the middle...  or there's a new bug...

I've just rebuilt a kernel (not a make world - I did one of those already
this weekend...), rebuilt libc, hostname(1) and sysctl(8), but

    hostname linus.demon.co.uk

fails in sethostname() with ENOMEM, whereas

    sysctl -w kern.hostname=linus.demon.co.uk

works just fine.  (hostname returns the correct name afterwards)

	Any ideas?

	Mark.