Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 1997 15:17:02 -0600
From:      Samurai <samuria@flash.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with installation

Hello
I purchased the walnut creek cd that has FreeBSD 2.2.2 release #14. I am
having
problems installing it.

My system set up is like this
cryix 200
ami bios
maxtor  diamond max 7 gig
adaptec 2920 scsi controllter pci
nec 8x ide cdrom
hp 6020i cd recorder
#9 331 video card
turtle beach tbs 2000 sound card

The problem is stated like this on the screen

FATAL TRAP 1: priviledged instruction fault while in kernel
instruction pointer = 0x8:0x1b99aa
stack pointer = 0x10:0xefbfff38
frame pointer= 0x10:0xefbfff50
code segement     = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                            dpl 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = resume, iopl =o
current process = 0( )
interrupt mask = net tty bio
panic : priviledged instruction fault

I have tried to install from floppy, from dos prompt, from dos reading
cd.
with dos on hard drive and from a clean hard drive.

Please help!

Thank You
Samurai