Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:55:09 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port dependencies

> Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:01:18 -0500
> From: "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm finding two different port dependencies issues, one appears to
> be gnome related and the other is indirectly related.
>
> After cvsup'ing the ports tree, the marcus trees, merging the file and
> running pkgdb -fF, I'm getting the message about libpixman being
> folded into cairo, yet when I rebuild with portupgrade -ra
> two ports fail because graphics/libpixman isn't built because it turns out
> it isn't in the ports tree.

libpixman is now part of cairo, so you just 'pkg_delete libpixman-\*'.

> The other problem is with xterm and xorg-clients both using the same
> files and the xterm install fails and ask for xorg-clients to be removed.

% pkg_delete -f xorg-clients-6.\*
% portupgrade -w xterm (-w will save the time to re-build if you already
                        have tried upgrading and the install failed)
% portinstall xorg-clients
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)