Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:15:11 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "lÛÇÅS" <djmoronic@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

For an example of what I did, see see
http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/dual.htm

On 17 Mar 99, at 4:50, l=DB=C7=C5S wrote:

> 1) How can i create a new partition on my 6gb HDD and preserve all
> data i had before.

see the URL.  I used fips.exe.

> 2) A lot of your documentation makes references to msdos 6. I have
> windows 98 and know that there are a lot of hdd access differences,
> does it matter if I install from a windows 98 partition to a blank
> partition?

Installing from a DOS partition is fine.

> 3) How big is the entire FreeBSD installation, as I want to be able to
> make an estimate when I am able to finish downloading it.

The bin directory was about 23M

> 4) What files do I need?

See the URL.

> 5) Can I convert applications from Windows/DOS to FreeBSD if I dont
> have the source code?

I dunno.  I doubt it.

Yes.  Try PPP.  See http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/ppp.htm but it's
not 100% finished yet.  Other references include www.freebsd.org and
http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html.

> 7) What would the recommended size for a partition for FreeBSD be?

Mine was 220M I think.

> 8) Are there any programming languages for FreeBSD that I can download
> as I am very interested in developing FreeBSD applications

FreeBSD comes with a C compiler.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary