Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:56:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Shane Reid <nebula@accesscomm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Shane Reid wrote:
> I know this really isnt a Freebsd question but perhaps a few of you can help
> me out there.  I've edited generic-bsd4.4.mc and am pretty lost at what to
> do now -- I thought I was supposed to run Build under sendmail/src but when
> I did that it didnt update the sendmail.cf file in /etc.  What should i do
> to get it to update that with the new features and other things I have
> added.

Just run make in the cf directory and then copy your shiny new .cf
file to /etc/sendmail.cf

Build does not do this automatically because people would be quite
upset when their currently working sendmail.cf got trashed by the
generic one distributed with the source.

>  One last thing real quick ... do I need to change this or does it
> even matter?
>
> VERSIONID(`@(#)generic-bsd4.4.mc        8.7 (Berkeley) 5/19/98')

Doesn't matter.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com