Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:34:38 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Pratik Shah <pratiksh@nortelnetworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.3

Pratik Shah wrote:

> I am wondering if Release 3.3 is available for download anywhere . I
> have a version 3.4.  I want to use NIST Switch and it supports only
> release 2.2.6 or release 3.3.  The freebsd site doesn't now provide
> the download for 3.3.

cvsup the source with tag=RELENG_3_3_0_RELEASE and build the world from
that.  Alternatively you might look around a few mirrors to see if any
of them still have it.

But the real solution is to contact the people who make this NIST Switch
thing, whatever it is, and ask them nicely to support a newer version of
FreeBSD such as 4.1, which has many improvements over the 3.x branch.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /