Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 00:45:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        ydarg@megsinet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware support

ydarg@megsinet.net wrote,
> I want to install FreeBSD on a second hard drive and I want to be sure
> everything is supported
> 1. what kind of hd should I buy

Pretty much any SCSI drive will be fine, just make sure the SCSI
controller is supported. Most IDE drives are fine too. I'd recommend
you look for your best value for cost versus performance then check it
is supported, rather than the otherway around. See,

   http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook9.html

> I have
> 2. STB nVIDIA 4mb video card

This is an XFree86 issue not really FreeBSD (in a strict sense). See,

     http://www.xfree86.org

> 3. pent II

Exactly what FreeBSD is designed for.

> 4. ps2 intellimouse

Should be fine, but occasionally PS/2s can cause trouble (I had some
with an Intellimouse and 2.2.7-RELEASE).

> 5. Altec ACS90 speakers

It's not the speakers, but the soundcard that they plug into.

> 6. US rbx 56k modem

Do I smell a WinModem? WinModems won't work.

> If anythings a prob email me at ydarg@megsinet.net

HTH. HAND.