Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 14:46:57 +0000
From:      bsd@smmc.qld.edu.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   extra serial ports not recognised !?

Hi all,
(I am unsure if the mail address is case sensitive...usually is! and
so I repeat earlier message ...sorry)
I am installing FBSD on a machine which has had FBSD on it before &
so I know the hardware in general is OK.
I have had 2 extra coms (3&4) installed via an extra i/o board. It is
installed correctly, software tested on the system and all 4 coms
appear in cmos.
Although I have not completed the install of FBSD install is not
detecting the new coms...just 1 & 2. I am using visual mode and there
 are no conflicts (all having been resolved) The 4 coms are using the
usual interrupts. But when in install I get as far as configuring
networking devices...IPs etc...there are only coms 1&2
No capice!
Any ideas...is it that it won't pick it up until first re-boot after
install and Then I have to get back into config menu???
Thanks for helping
Keith Spencer
Townsville Australia