Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:41:14 -0500
From:      Jason Hitt <jhitt25@charter.net>
To:        "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with stripe across mirrors

R. B. Riddick wrote:
> --- Jason Hitt <jhitt25@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> untested).  The failure comes when i do this:
>> gmirror label storage0 ad4s1 ad6s1
>> gmirror label storage1 ad8s1 ad10s1
>> gstripe label storage mirror/storage0 mirror/storage1
>> newfs /dev/stripe/storage
>>
>> Anyone familiar with this that can lend a hand?
>>

> Maybe it is your hard disc driver, who becomes upset, when the traffic
> increases?
> Did you try four simultaneos dd processes to all four discs?
>
> -Arne

Another of my tests involved creating a 2 disk mirror and a 2 disk
stripe, copying 100 gigs of data to the mirror, then copying from there
to the stripe.  This test was successful as well.

A bit more info on the system that i realize i left out:
These tests have been run on 6.1-RELEASE and 6.1-STABLE (which is what
im currently running), updated as of June 25th).
The hardware is an AsRock K7VT4A Pro motherboard with an Athlon XP
Mobile 1900+.  512 megs of ddr ram, only add-on cards are the SIIG card
i mentioned previously and an old AGP video card.

Jason