Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 00:00:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   what/when/how make world

Recently subscribed to the stable mailing list. I see references to "make world"
, but have not find that much info about it.

The only place on the documentation I found about it is on the FAQ. In it it say
s: make world clobbers my existing installed binaries. In there it explains that
 "make world" rebuilds all the binaries of the system.

When would it be necessary to do this? What sources do I need to dl? why would I
 want to do this instead of just the kernel?

I tried searching the mailing list for this, but it seems they are down (even a
search on "make" by itself returned nothing).