Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 1995 17:02:02 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>, terry@cs.weber.edu, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: device driver writers guide

> i think there's two issues here:
>
> 	1. strict device driver documentation (entry points etc) - this
> 	   is what Eric is proposing to document.
>
> 	2. documentation for other kernel subsystems - this is what Terry
> 	   would like to see documented (probably in addition to #1?!)

I totally agree.  That's what I intended.

> > III. Kernel Support Routines
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ seems to 'overlap' with #2 depending on
> 				how far you take it :)
>
> Eric, the outline looks very useful, I'd be really interested to read
> whatever you write for this..

Well, *I'd* be interested in what I write here too ;-).  I was kind of adding
this as a hook into #2, and also because SCO has something similar.  This
should
really go into /usr/share/man somewhere, and be analogous to man2, but I don't
know
where the proper place is.

I was also kind of hoping that someone more familiar with the kernel, (i.e.
has written
some of it, not just run tags/grep/... on the source) could help here.

erich@lodgenet.com
erich@rrnet.com