Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2012 05:10:53 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1 and intel graphics

Normally I start X by startx which may be followed by an initialization file,
so I don't get the default spartan default twm all the time.  In Linux and
FreeBSD, I generally use X as nonroot.

So I don't really know how to start a program such as xterm as another user
or how to have both root and nonroot windows in X.

On trying to exit X with the KMS driver in FreeBSD, I never got that far,
however I'm having snags in updating my ports, am at an impasse now, got
Error 70 in the latest case and don't know what that means.

But I have experience typing in the dark in NetBSD, not all X-related, and
have successfully typed "shutdown -r now" with nothing showing on the screen.

Tom