Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:30:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joe@pavilion.net (Josef Karthauser)
Cc:        muralir@george.rutgers.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help on cgi...

> > Hi,
> > I've installed apache as the http server on my machine running FreeBSD 2.2
> > release. I'm unable to get the cgi scripts to work even though I think
> > I've set up the .conf files properly... ANy suggestions from guys who have
> > done it for their machines?
>
> Make sure that you've got something like:
>
> <Directory /data/httpd/cgi-bin>

This directory should be wherever the cgi-bin directory was installed.

> AllowOverride None
> Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
> </Directory>
>
> in your access.conf file.

In your srm.conf file, you should also have:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /data/httpd/cgi-bin

Again, assuming this is where the cgi-bin directory was installed,
and then you should reference your CGI's as:

<form method=post action="/cgi-bin/foo">

In your documents.

...Assuming your CGI is named "foo" and you are using "post"; change
to another name for another cgi (test-cgi is recommended, assuming
you downloaded and built it) or "get" for the "get" method instead
of the "post" method ("post" is recommended because it doesn't have
the length limitations or URL exposure that "get" has).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.