Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:49:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still errors stopping audio CDs in current

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> Kyle Mestery wrote...
>
> > cdcontrol> p 6
> > cdcontrol> ^C
> > hope.winternet.com$ sudo camcontrol stop -v -n cd -u 0
> > Error received from stop unit command
> > CAM status is 0x20c, SCSI status is 0x28
>
> Now that is odd.  0x28 means "queue full".  I'm not sure why a non-tagged
> queueing device would return that status!
>
> One question -- when you issue that command, does the CD stop?

Yup, the drive stops playing at this point.

> It is possible that there is a problem in the BusLogic driver somewhere.
> We may try to reproduce the problem here, if we can find a similar Sony
> CDROM drive.  Justin may ask you to put some printfs in the BusLogic driver
> to see what we're getting back from the controller.

No problem, I can do that.  Just tell me where to put 'em, or email me some
patches and I'll recompile and run the commands again.

> As far as I can tell, we're not doing anything wrong in terms of the
> commands we issue to the drive.  So, it could be a driver bug, a controller
> firmware bug, or a drive firmware bug.  It'll take a litle more
> investigation to narrow it down.

Okay, thanks Ken!  I'll wait to see what Justin has to say at this point.
I appreciate the help, thanks!

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group