Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:09:37 -0500
From:      dfavor@austin.ibm.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Threads on FreeBSD 4.2 - How to install?

I am trying to get libpthreads working under FreeBSD 4.2
and have found (on www.FreeBSD.org) the threads package:

   linuxthreads-2.1.3_2.tgz

My questions are:

   1) I use a Web hosting service uninformed about how
      to install this package and this is my first time
      using FreeBSD.

      Let me know the steps involved in installing this
      package.

   2) If I am unable to convince my Web hosting service
      to install this package, let me know the steps to
      use libpthreads in my virtual server space.

      a) Just copy *.a and *.h to .../lib and .../include
         respectively?

      b) Any changes to how compiler is run? Funny flags?

Thanks.