Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 18:19:58 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Kurt Olsen <kurto@bootp.sls.usu.edu>
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Descent Sources

> > - No keyboard support. (The Linux svgalib seems to support calling a
> >   user-supplied keyboard handler on interrupt.  This is unspeakably
> >   bogus if true.)
>
> VGL needs a little adjustment to it's keyboard init function to
> really support games.  In the raw and code modes the tty code in
> the kernel filters out all TABs, 'u's and a couple of others (at
> least I think it's the tty.)  I have a few lines of code I put into
> doom to make it work under VGL.  Let me know if you are interested.

Naturally.  I'm hoping someone with some more time will actually be
able to work on this, I just thought it'd be interesting to see how
grubby it really was.  The guy who did the Linux mung-job (calling it a
port is an insult) freely admits that it's a gross and disgusting job.
And he's right, too, but at least it builds.  Now I need to go pick up
my Descent CDs.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\