Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:09:46 -0400
From:      Andre@HighCaliber.com (Andre Chang)
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Third Ethernet card "fxp2"

Hello,

I'd like to know if there are any known issues when enabling a 3rd ethernet
interface on a system config'd as follows

1 PR440FX
2 Pentium Pro Processors
128MB RAM
SCSI HDD and CDROM
3 Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B adapters (fxp0 is onboard)

3.3-STABLE FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #3: Sat Oct 23 15:57:22 EST 1999
SMP Kernel
IPFW enabled
NATD enabled

Specifically, when I enable the fxp2 interface via rc.conf by adding these 2
lines:

ifconfig_fxp2="inet 192.168.20.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"
network_interfaces="fxp0 fxp1 fxp2 lo0"

The machine hangs when attempting to ifconfig fxp2

I got around the problem by physically removing the card and the system
booted normally with the expected error that fxp2 does not exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just subscribed to this group so
please cc me also. Thanks.

 -- Andre.