Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:33:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      pradesh.chanderpaul@iname.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with booteasy after reboot

I know this one has come up time and time again, but
I cannot seem to make sense of it.

My problem is simular to that related by Plamen Petkov
some weeks ago.

I have two hard drives
    - the first one 3.2 gig with LBA in bios only for win95
      Primary Master. Seagate IDE
    - the  second one 540M, for FreeBsd. Bios reports
      as geometry 1120/16/59 on autodetect. When
      booting off the install floppy, same geometry is
      reported. Primary Slave.  Quantum IDE

I complete installation, install Booteasy on disk 0 and 1, and use the entire drive for disk 1 for FreeBsd.

First issue! When I enter the FreeBsd fdisk during
installation, the disk 1 geometry is reported as different
as that given above. Any ideas?)

Second Issue, I can reboot and boot win95 ad infintum
UNTIL I boot FreeBsd. Next boot says:-
Not found ... active partition  ....
This can be fixed by booting dos on the floppy and resetting the active partion.

I've tried installing OS-BS. It fails trying to wite to the disk ( FAT or boot partition, I don't know).

Third issue. All that I've mentioned is all that I understand about boot partitions and such. I therefore
need help from someone that can talk slowly.

Thanking you in advance
Pradesh Chanderpaul

PS : I'll appreciate sincerely if you CC me as I am not able to get on the mailing list and my access to the list is limited.