Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 18:24:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: CD burners: recommendations?

I have the external scsi version of the MP6200, and have burnt serveral
disks with it on a 3.0-971108-SNAP machine using cdrecord out of ports.

It is probed as a scsi cdrom drive;

scbus0 target 6 lun 0: <RICOH MP6200S 1.20> type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd0 at scbus0 target 6 lun 0
cd0: CD-ROM can't get the size

The main stumbling block was to stay patient enough to read the
documentation from cdrecord to establish the following link;

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel   9 Feb 22 23:05 /dev/scgx -> /dev/cd0c
brw-r-----  1 root  operator    6,   2 Aug 27  1997 /dev/cd0c

I've had SCSIDEBUG enabled on this machine for a while, don't know if that
had any influence on cdrecord working.