Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:03:39 GMT
From:      Andrey<dev_null@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/106789: Internal NIC of GA-K8N51GMF-RH does not work properly

>Number:         106789
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Internal NIC of GA-K8N51GMF-RH does not work properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Good time of the day to all!

There is a machine with GA-K8N51GMF-RH motherboard and so onboard LAN (RTL 8201 chip (10/100Mbit). The OS is FreeBSD 6.1-Release.
I've tried to bring it up, but still it does not work.
Actually, the standart nve-driver is not appropriate for it. So I tried to bring up an alternative configuration and followed pieces of advices from http://www.se.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html. (In short: there is proposed to use nfe driver instead nve)
It seemed I achieved  desired result: after kernel recompilation, making if_nfe module and kldloading it nfe0 appeared in the system. I've got the fully-configurable interface (I can assign IP-address, netmask and additional options as well, can bring it up and throw it down) But machine can't communicate through the network! I can ping an IP-address, which assigned to the nfe0 only, but it is impossible even to ping other machines within network. It seems like packets does not rich to the lowest (physical) level of ISO/OSI model.
I'm not sure that somebody wants to have such an hadache like mine, but still. Are the anybody has such a problem? Is there wayout?

Thanks.
Sincerely, Andrey