Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:39:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        mbernard@manhattanprojects.com (Michael Bernardo)
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to install a network printer

Michael Bernardo wrote,
> Please help me install a network printer.  The printer is an HP Laserjet
> 4000.  I want to be able to print more than just text.  Any help would
> be appreciated.

First, you have looked at the sections about setting up printers in
the Handbook, right?

Second, by 'network printer' do you mean a printer with its own
network card or a printer running off of a machine that takes print
requests for it?

Third, when you say you want to be able to print more than just text,
does that mean you have gotten text to the printer? If you have, the
first battle is won. If the printer is Postscript ready, you can
print 'more than just text' by sending it Postscript. If not... well
then things get hairier.

Some more details about your setup, how far you have gotten, what you
have tried, and specific problems can help us help you. If it is a
specific, detailed problems, freebsd-questions may be a better venue.

HTH.