Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:59:59 -0500
From:      Dan Kalowsky <kalowsky@cs.jhu.edu>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: machine disappearance after upgrade 4.7

On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 09:49 AM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> So is 207.8.132.194 on the local subnet or not?

Physically, yes.  Logically, no.

> Those messages generally indicate a networking configuration problem,
> but locking up a machine with such a problem would be hard (not
> impossible, though, because that part of the IP stack is inside the
> kernel).

Typically I would agree with this statement.  Seeing as this wasn't an
issue while using the 4.6 systems though, I'll have to lean towards the
"probably not in this case" side of the argument.

It's been localized to happen within every 30-40 minutes now.  Again
the only message in /var/log/message is rapid repeating of the ARP
failure.

 From console running a series of pings or anything resulted in:

	sendto: no buffer space available

(typed from memory; grepping for that exact string may fail.)