Date:      Wed, 06 May 1998 22:00:08 +0200
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What does this mean: cpio: /dev/tty: Device not configured

Hello and thanks for your reply!

Below is an extract from the backup-script. These are the only places
where cpio is used in the script, once for writing and once for verifying.
I can't see where cpio would write to /dev/tty, but I might miss something.

Please tell me my mistake if you see it.

BACKUP_FILES="/"
IGNORE_FILES="/c/\|/usr/local/squid/cache/\|/usr/spool/news/\|/proc/"

BACKUP=backup_all
LOG=/usr/local/etc/$BACKUP.log
TAPE=/dev/rst0

find $BACKUP_FILES -depth -print 2>>$LOG | grep -v $IGNORE_FILES | cpio -oB
-H newc 2>>$LOG > $TAPE

cpio -itvB -H newc >/dev/null 2>&1 < $TAPE

Thanks for your time!

Peter Olsson   pol@leissner.se