Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2012 19:30:15 GMT
From:      Paavo Pokkinen <paavopok@ee.oulu.fi>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/161968: [zfs] [hang] renaming snapshot with -r including a zvol snapshot causes total ZFS freeze/lockup

The following reply was made to PR kern/161968; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paavo Pokkinen <paavopok@ee.oulu.fi>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, peter.maloney@brockmann-consult.de
Subject: Re: kern/161968: [zfs] [hang] renaming snapshot with -r including
 a zvol snapshot causes total ZFS freeze/lockup
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 22:16:46 +0300

 I can confirm this exists on 9.1-RC1. Simply issuing "zfs snapshot -r
 pakka@test" and after that "zfs rename -r pakka@test pakka@test2" hangs.
 The filesystem appears to continue work, but all zfs commands start
 hanging. Only reboot eventually helps.

 CTRL-T gives me:
 load: 0.00  cmd: zfs 1629 [tx->tx_sync_done_cv)] 412.62r 0.00u 0.00s 0%
 2640k

 The hardware is pentium G630T with 8G ram on asus P8H77-I, four disks
 are WD RED 3TB. The zpool is raidz1, and I'm using it on plain disks
 without partitioning. I also have swap on zvol, apparently it also gets
 snapshotted.

 --
 Paavo Pokkinen