Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:18:02 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   MergedFB and Matrox

I am looking to get hardware acceleration/OpenGL running on my Matrox
G450 that drives dual monitors.  The best way for me to do that is in
MergedFB mode, as I don't care much for independent X sessions.  In the
XFree days, that entailed including mga_hal and patching mga_drv to
enable pseudo-Xinerama mode (not strictly necessary, but it made life a
lot easier).

Things have changed with X.org 6.9, where mga_hal no longer worked when
I last looked.  Since I did not need it for Xinerama, I ignored it until
now.  Has mga_hal been tended to?

Also, has the pseudo-Xinerama patch been included with the mga_drv
driver, or is installing that still necessary?

Thanks!

Frank