Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 22:53:10 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
Cc:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Building a port with math/superlu fails: linking a shared obj library adding archive superlu.a fails

--------------enigDAF1E48FFD59D904781A65C3

On 03/11/12 21:47, Mel Flynn wrote:
> On 3/11/2012 20:39, O. Hartmann wrote:
>=20
>> [...]
>>  IsisInterfaceMapLineScan.cc:92:11: warning: variable 'lon_lat_radius'=

>> set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
>>   CXX    IsisAdjustCameraModel.lo
>>   CXXLD  libaspIsisIO.la
>> /usr/local/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libsuperlu.a(dgssvx.o): relocation
>> R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a
>> shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>> /usr/local/lib/libsuperlu.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> *** [libaspIsisIO.la] Error code 1
>=20
> Are you using USE_AUTOTOOLS=3Dlibtool but not automake?

Neither, nor.
I need to run a script called "autogen" in the root folder provided with
the sources as a pre-configure tagged operation.

I tried using USE_AUTOTOOLS=3D autogen, but this fails.
I got it now working so far, except the described error.

It isn't possible to compile xxx_la_LTLIBRARIES by merging different
libraries with an archive.
As of my understanding, the archive of superlu needs to be treated like
an ordinary .o file that is compiled into a to-be-created shared object.

And in this task I fail, since the whole build logic does not consider
an archive.

Could math/superlu be compiled that way that it produce a shared object
instead of this clumsy ordinary superlu.a archive?