Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:09:37 +0900
From:      Kayoko Isshi <isshi@cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        AIC <aic7xxx@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AIC-7902 source program

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

> > I have tried   new version driver on AIC-7902.
> > I can make and install the driver aix79xx,
> > and recognize target I/O.
>
> You have target mode working?

No,
I tried  native initiator mode only.
And  I want to try target mode.

> > 4)I cannot get the latest version.
> >
> >     I cannot gunzip aic79xx-linux-2.4-20021213.bksend.gz file.
> >     I got the following message.
> >
> >     % gunzip aic79xx-linux-2.4-20021213.tar.gz
> >     gunzip: aic79xx-linux-2.4-20021213.tar.gz: not in gzip format
>
> If you used a web browser to download it, it may already be uncompressed.
> Just use tar without the gunzip option.  The "file" command should also
> indicate that the file is not compressed.

Sorry!
I can get it.

> >  5)Next schedule
> >     Will you support sequencer code with TRAGETROLE ?
>
> Not until the next revision of the silicon.  Although Rev A can be
> made to work as a non-packetized target, there are several bugs that
> make this task "unpalatable".  Rev B has pretty solid non-pack target
> mode, but is still lacking packetized target mode.  Rev H1B (single channel
> version) should have this all fixed, so I will be targeting it for
> target mode applications.

Dose it mean that any revision chip can be made to work as packetized
initiatior?

Now I  borrow Rev A3 HBA.
I heard  that Rev A3 can work well except for PCI/1xxMHz.
But I will buy 39320D/HBA.
Which revision chip will be placed on 39320D that I will get?

Could  you open  your sample sequenser code with TARGETROLE ?

Regards.