Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 00:04:47 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

> Both checked in to freefall 3.0-current and on the web page.  Note that
> the tarball on the web page has a patch file in it, but it has already been
> applied.
>
> This code has my latest + Amancio's patch for "screen freeze" fix + the
> METEOR ioctl()s replaced.   The only thing I haven't done is remove the
> disableints()/enableints() calls in the I2C code, no feedback on that yet...

I grabbed this code, and the more recent version of fxtv, and I seem to
actually have working tuner operation now!  However, I'm back to the mode
whereby fiddling with the fxtv window will cause the system to lock up
tight, with just the reset button on the way out.

I believe that I've provoked this once before changing channels, before the
more recent version of the driver.  This is reminiscent of early
experimentation with the driver and dtv..

I have not yet tried removing the disable_intr(), etc., calls from the
driver; that's next on the list to try.

louie