Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:52:13 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        keith@smmc.qld.edu.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to analyse squid logs and wierd time stamps

keith@smmc.qld.edu.au wrote:
[ ... ]
> 1049884671.477    240 10.0.1.121 TCP_HIT/200 744 GET
> ftp://ftpav.ca.com/pub/inoculan/scaneng/Siglist.txt - NONE/- text/plain
> ... Whoa!
> Anyone know of a port to analyse this stuff and change what MIGHT be a
> timestamp to something a mortal like me can read??

Sure.  Install /usr/ports/net/adns and /usr/ports/www/analog.  Check out and
update the analog config file in /usr/local/etc.

cd to where your log files are, and DNS resolve the IPs via:

adnslogres -c 20000 < access_log > access_log.dns

...then run analog against this (DNS-resolved) logfile, and it will generate
lots of info.  You can also do other things with the DNS-resolved logfile using
other tools, but most of 'em will prefer to start with the output of adnslogres,
so that step is worth doing.

-Chuck