Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:13:56 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: decent 40G network adapters

Hi.

On 18.01.2017 15:03, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> I am use Chelsio and Solarflare.
> Not sure about you workload -- I am have 40K+ TCP connections, you
> workload need different tuning.
> Do you planed to utilise both ports?
> For this case you need PCIe 16x card. This is Chelsio T6 and
> Solarflare 9200.=20
Thanks. No, the number of connections in my case will be small -
hundreds, and right now target servers are utilizing 4-5 Gbit/sec
bandwidth, so I'm looking forward to something more performing, thats
all. The pps number is also way below Mpps - at this time it's about 200
kpps, so I really hope I won't be facing a situation with millions of
pps, - though seems like it will be slightly above 1 Mpps. Hopefully
with the help of the community I'll be able to tune the servers to
handle this ! :)

Thanks.
Eugene.