Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:47:37 +0200
From:      Filippo Sironi <filippo.sironi@gmail.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernel panic on free in FreeBSD 7.2

Hi guys,

I have an odd problem regarding memory.
The (slightly) modified kernel of FreeBSD 7.2 I'm using panics with this =
error: "panic: smp_tlb_shootdown: interrupts disabled" upon calling =
free() on three out of four memory buffers I allocate using malloc() in =
M_TEMP. Unfortunately no information the position of the instruction =
pointer are given, however, I isolated the problem using a set of old =
fashioned printf() calls.
The faulty code is activated either by a system call I added or by the =
exit function (on thread exit).

The problem doesn't show if the virtual machine I'm using is configured =
with a single processor.

Any suggestions?

Filippo