Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:05:11 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <peter@skyrunner.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   traffic prioritization.

How do you prioritize traffic with freebsd.

I've started fooling around with dummynet and figured out how to limit usage
to specific amounts by ip or protocol etc, but how do you say, give specific
traffic higher priority than other specific traffic?

I feel sure that it can be done with it.  I'm vuagely familiar with the
etinc.com's bwmgr package which seems to do traffic prioritization.

But i want to know how to do it using just freebsd and ipfw (or what ever
else that comes stock is needed).

Any ideas?

TIA

Peter Brezny