Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:40:11 -0700
From:      Jonathan Feally <vulture@netvulture.com>
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPSEC, IPFW, and NATD

Network setup:
Networks
Inside Net - 192
Outside Net - 63 - Natd from 192 to 63 and back
Server Net - 216
I have a esp transport IPSec policy setup from my outside IP(63) to a
server on the Internet(216) and back.
Machines on the 192 go though the natd on the outside interface and get
translated to 63
The packets are then encrypted into the esp packets
The server responds back in esp but the packets come back to the natd in
esp form not regular packet form.

Apparent Packet Flow:
echo request 192 -> 216 in interface ed2
echo request 63 -> 216 out interface ed1 - though divert natd
esp 63 -> 216 - Packet leaves my side - packet on the network
esp 63 -> 216 - Packet gets to server - packet in em0
echo reply 216 -> 63 - Packet decrypted and responded to
esp 63 -> 216 - Packet leaves server - out interface em0
esp 63 -> 216 - Packet arrives - in interface ed1 though divert natd
packet dropped - firewall recieves reply instead of natd translating
back to 192

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jonathan