Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 15:00:55 -0500
From:      "Steve Morrow" <renegade@unforgettable.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CD-ROM problems

I recently managed to piece enough hardware together to put another FreeBSD
box together.  I am having problems with my cd-rom drive with 3.2-STABLE
though.  I created the boot flopies and sysinstall comes up without any
problems.  As soon as it goes to access the cd-rom drive and install
everything though it comes up with an error message... "The CD in you drive
looks more like an Audio CD than a FreeBSD release"  Unfortunately the drive
is a VERY old Mitsumi with a proprietary ide card.  If I look at the debug
console it says it has detected cdrom on /mcd0 ( I think.. ) but there's no
disc in it.  When installing 2.2.8 I do not have this problem, but I would
much rather start with a clean 3.2 install than upgrade 2.2.8.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
renegade@unforgettable.com