Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:01:26 -0500
From:      "Nexgen Inc" <mail@nexgen.com>
To:        <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sysinstall

Is there a way to use "/stand/sysinstall" to configure the network interface
cards after the KERNEL is compiled?

The NIC configuration dialog box (under Post Installation configuration >>
network) seems to be a very convenient way to edit and update NIC
information, and while I am able to start it, I see no way of committing the
NIC changes to the Kernel that is configured on the hard drive.

While the KERNEL is custom, it is substantially close to generic (plus or
minus a couple of options) so the default settings in sysinstall should work
fine, if I can get them to save. Even so, worst case scenario, you could
just fill in a couple of paths to certain files to effect updates.