Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:44:58 +0200
From:      Kaya Saman <SamanKaya@netscape.net>
To:        RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.d script not working for Xmms2 :-(

> no just avoid using ${name} in the command.
>
> name is just a label used for creating unique variable names you can
> use in rc.conf, it doesn't have to match any binary.

Thanks we're getting closer but some thing's still hinky!

rd1# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/xmms2d stop
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/xmms2d: WARNING: cannot read shebang line from
/usr/local/bin/xmms2d-launcher
xmms2d not running?

This is the latest incarnation of the script:

#!/bin/sh

# PROVIDE:    xmms2d

#xmms2d_enable="YES"

. /etc/rc.subr

name="xmms2d"
rcvar=`set_rcvar`
command="/usr/local/bin/xmms2d-launcher -u kaya"

load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

I gather I goofed up one part but which I cannot say!