Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:11:56 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us (Alex Belits), info@pagecreators.com, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and NT

Just to head off a potential misunderstanding here though...

>  - The support community for FreeBSD is diverse and awake 24/7.  It
>    won't ask you for a credit card number.  It won't lie to you to save
>    its face.  If something is broken and hurting your business, we
>    take it personally.  If you want something fixed Real Fast, it
>    can be done.  If a new security hole is found, you can be sure that

While the volunteer support community for FreeBSD is an extremely
competent and responsive resource for one which costs nothing at all,
it also has to be allowed to move at its own pace on problems since
volunteers also have Real Jobs(tm) and those breadwinning activities
naturally *must* take priority over anything FreeBSD related.

In other words, the volunteers certainly do their best to deal with
issues quickly but response time is nothing they can guarantee, and if
your business really depends on getting something fixed Real Fast,
Right Now, then you'd better either have some onsite expertise or be
prepared to pay real money for Real Fast in the form of consulting
hours because the volunteer support mechanism is not and never was
intended to solve such problems.

					Jordan