Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:03:32 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        Jan Pechanec <pechy@hp735.cvut.cz>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Corrupt File System

andrew@ugh.net.au scribbled this message on Sep 26:
> That may well be...I'm not really sure...the data is still there as I can
> dd parts of the disk to a file then use beav to view it...I can read ascii
> text but it would be an extremely ling job to try and extart it that way.

that's why I wrote ffsrecov... but you should be able to recover the fs's
assuming you haven't writen anything to the slice of the disk that
contained your data...

ffsrecov is in ports...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 408 975 9651
  Cu Networking

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson